Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) is offering over 7000 Flats in 2018 for Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR). This is a good news for all those homebuyers who dreams of owning a new house in Mumbai or its nearby located areas. MHADA Lottery 2018 Mumbai will offer 7300 flats out of which 4000 are under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Affordable Housing Scheme.
This lottery will be the biggest of the lotteries in the past 6 to 7 years. Govt. will provide additional subsidy of around Rs. 2.5 lakh to poor people of EWS category under PMAY Housing Scheme. The houses will be allotted to the homebuyers through a lottery system online and the state govt. is in the last stage of finalising the software.
MHADA is expected to start this lottery from the middle of next month. Lakhs of buyers apply online for this lottery as the prices of homes are 20 to 25% lower than the original prices given by the private developers.
MHADA Lottery 2018 Mumbai – Over 7k Houses on Offer in MMR
The important features and highlights of this MHADA Lottery 2018 Mumbai are as follows:-
- MHADA is the nodal agency for affordable housing in MMR region especially in Mumbai and Pune Regions.
- Over 7k houses on offer under MHADA Lottery 2018 for Mumbai region including 4000 houses built under PMAY Housing Scheme.
- Govt. has already built around 2,000 houses located at Khon (near Kalyan) and Shirdhon (near Panvel). Approx. 3,300 houses have also been built at Virar.
- MHADA Housing authority is in the process of finalising the software company to conduct the online lottery. This lottery is expected to be held in the mid August 2018.
- MHADA Lottery 2018 always gets a warm response from the homebuyers as all the houses are at-least 20 to 25% cheaper than those sold by the private developers.
- To avail PMAY Houses, only those people belonging to the economically weaker sections (EWS) will be eligible. Govt. will also provide an additional subsidy of Rs. 2.5 lakh to the home buyers.
Previously, MHADA Lottery on such a large scale took place in 2011 where around 5000 houses were offered to the homebuyers. For more details, visit the official website https://mhada.maharashtra.gov.in/