Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has released the Centralized Employment Notice (CEN 01/2018) to provide jobs in Indian Railways. Subsequently, all the 10th pass / 12th pass / diploma candidates can apply for Indian Railway Recruitment 2018. Accordingly, there are 26,502 vacancies of Assistant loco Pilot (ALP) and Technicians. Interested candidates can apply online through the official website indianrailways.gov.in
This recruitment is conducted by 21 RRBs nationwide. Thus, all the candidates seeking jobs in railways can apply for these vacancies. The selected candidates will get a scale pay of Rs. 19,900 plus other allowances.
There are 17673 Assistant Loco Pilot posts and 8829 Technicians Posts. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website between 3 February 2018 and 5 March 2018.
Indian Railway Recruitment 2018 Online Application Form
The complete procedure to apply online has been specified below:-
- Firstly visit the official website indianrailways.gov.in
- Subsequently on the homepage, click the Recruitment tab in the main menu to open the official website of Railway Recruitment Boards
- Candidates can open the website of their respective RRBs and then search for “CEN 01/2018 – Centralized Employment Notification” section.
- Accordingly, click the “Click Here to Apply for CEN 01 / 2018” link or directly click this link
- Henceforth, candidates have to read all the instructions carefully and then click the “New Registration” tab at the bottom.
- Afterwards “Indian Railways Recruitment 2018 – ALP & Technician Vacancy Registration Form” will appear as shown below:-
- Here candidates can fill all the necessary details accurately including Mobile Number and Aadhaar Number and click the “Submit” button.
- Finally, candidates can make payment and take a printout of the completed application form for any future reference.
Note – Each candidates must choose only one RRB and select its preference of Railway Units and posts against vacancies for that specific RRB only.
The important dates regarding filling of application forms and making payment are as follows:-
|Starting Date of online Applications||3 February 2018 (10 a.m)|
|End Date to Submit Online Application Form||5 March 2018 (12 midnight)|
|Payment For Submission Of Application Form|
|Online Payment – Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card||5 March 2018 (10 p.m)|
|SBI Bank Challan||5 March 2018 (1 p.m)|
|Post Office Challan||3 March 2018 (1 p.m)|
RRB Wise Railways Vacancies
The total number of vacancies for Assistant loco pilot are 17673 and for Technicians are 8829. Henceforth, total vacancies for Indian Railway Recruitment for ALP & Technician posts are 26502 in number. The detailed classification of posts (RRB wise) are shown in the image given below:-
The salary / pay scale is Level 02 of 7th pay commission with initial pay scale of Rs. 19,900 plus allowances.
Indian Railways will conduct 2 stages of examination for recruitment for the above mentioned posts which are as follows:-
- First Stage CBT – Common For ALP & Technician Vacancies which is of 60 minutes and includes 75 questions. All the candidates who qualifies in the First stage CBT will advance to the Second Stage.
- Second Stage CBT – This stage includes Part A & Part B of total 150 minutes. Part A is of 90 minutes and consists of 100 questions while Part B is of 60 minutes and will have 75 questions.
Moreover, candidates who have opted for ALP posts and have cleared the second stage needs to give Aptitude Test (Computer Based).
Application Fees For Railway Recruitment 2018
The candidates must submit the application fees to appear for the ALP & Technician Examination. Accordingly, the fees description is given below:-
|SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically Backward Classes||Rs. 250/-|
|All other Categories||Rs. 500/-|
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria to become eligible to apply for Railway Recruitment 2018. To fill the application form for these 26,502 vacancies, candidates must check their eligibility first through the link given below:-
Detailed Centralized Employment Notification (CEN 01/2018)