Ministry of Tourism of Central government is going to organize Nationwide Paryatan Parv from 16th to 27th September 2018. For this purpose, a ‘Preparatory Meeting’ was held between Tourism Ministry and States / UTs. This Parv (festival) will be organized with an objective to seek focus on benefits of tourism, highlighting cultural diversity of the country and to reinforce the principle of “Tourism For All”.
This Paryatan Parv 2018 is going to start with India Tourism Mart 2018 which is going to be held between 16th to 18th September 2018. This will ensure wider participation from outside the country. Paryatan Parv 2018 shall be concluded with the World Tourism Day celebrations on 27th September 2018.
The main aim is to promote local tourist destinations which will lead to the overall development of the nation.
Nationwide Paryatan Parv 2018 by Tourism Ministry
Tourism Ministry in collaboration with Central Ministries, State govt. and Stakeholders will organize Paryatan Parv 2018. The important features and highlights of this Paryatan Parv 2018 are as follows:-
- Components of Paryatan Parv 2018 – There will be 3 main components just like previous year which are listed below:-
- Dekho Apna Desh
- Tourism For All
- Tourism & Governance
- Special Emphasis will be given on domestic tourists especially to sensitive youth.
- The primary focus of on Nationwide Paryatan Parv 2018 is to explore a number of destinations which are yet to be promoted.
- The state government will now focus on prime tourist destinations and will promote such locations. Tourism also creates a large number of indirect employment for the nearby located people. This will result in employment to youth, women and also helps in sustaining rural livelihood.
- Thus Tourism Sector plays a big role in the overall development of the country’s economy. So, the central govt. is focusing on such programmes and to provide them a festive look to encourage maximum possible participation of the people.
All the partners including the state govt. will organize cultural and other tourism related events, workshops and seminars at the identified sites as well at other destinations and locations in their States.
Tourism Ministry has invited broad activities plan from the states on organizing the Nationwide Paryatan Parv 2018. All the states are required to submit these details till 30 August 2018.