Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA), Central government has launched Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) programme in partnership with Facebook. The GOAL programme has been designed to provide mentorship to tribal youths through digital mode. This digitally enabled program will act as catalyst to explore hidden talents of tribal youth. All the tribal youths can now apply online for GOAL programme by filling either Mentor or Mentee application / registration form at goal.tribal.gov.in.
This Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) initiative will help tribal youths in their personal development as well as contribute to all-round up-liftment of their society. Education is the key intervention that will open doors to a better world. GOAL is a digital literacy and mentorship initiative that lies at the foundation of this motto.
This Goal programme will empower and enable India’s tribal youth where the key is to identify, mobilise and connect 2,500 renowned leaders from the industry. Such persons can personally mentor 5,000 youth from tribal communities across the country.
Table of Contents
- Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) Programme Application / Registration Form
- Apply Online As Mentee for GOAL
- Apply Online As Mentor for GOAL
- Need for GOAL Programme for Tribal Youths
- Intent and Content of GOAL Scheme
- Preserving Tribal Culture of India through GOAL Tribal Initiative
- Selection of Mentor / Mentee in GOAL Programme
- Core Areas of 36 Week GOAL Programme
- What will Selected Mentees Get in GOAL Scheme
- Features of Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) Program
Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) Programme Application / Registration Form
India is filled with tremendous energy of the youth and whatever future we desire of, we must keep the youth at the centre. By doing this, we can surge ahead at an unmatchable pace. This programme will act as a bridge for the socially marginalised youth with a plethora of opportunities and resources on the other side. Below is the complete process to fill GOAL programme online application / registration form.
Apply Online As Mentee for GOAL
The Mentees and Mentors have to register on portal (goal.tribal.gov.in) which will be open for two months from 4 May 2020 to 3 July 2020. Here is the apply online process for tribal youths to apply as mentee under GOAL programme:-
- Firstly visit the official website at http://goal.tribal.gov.in/
- At the homepage, scroll over the “Apply As Mentee” tab and then click at the “Registration Form” link:-
- Afterwards, the Mentee Registration Form for GOAL Programme will appear as shown below:-
- Here applicants can enter all the necessary details accurately and click at “Submit” button to complete the Mentee registration form filling process for GOAL programme.
Apply Online As Mentor for GOAL
Here is the apply online process for leading industry and academia persons to apply as mentor under GOAL programme:-
- Visit the same official website at http://goal.tribal.gov.in/
- At the homepage, scroll over the “Apply As Mentor” tab and then click at the “Registration Form” link:-
- Afterwards, the Mentor Registration Form for GOAL Programme will appear as shown below:-
- Here applicants can enter all the necessary details accurately and click at “Submit” button to complete the Mentor registration form filling process for GOAL programme.
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has been requested to associate CSCs (Common Service Centres) in facilitating ST youth who do not have smartphone for registration with GOAL Tribal Portal.
Need for GOAL Programme for Tribal Youths
In view of the challenges posed by COVID-19 pandemic, Digital literacy has gained importance. MoTA’s partnership with Facebook through GOAL programme will provide platform to tribal youth and women to move ahead in life. This GOAL program intends to upskill and empower 5,000 tribal youths in the current phase. It will help in harnessing the full potential of digital platforms and tools to learn new ways of doing business, explore and connect with domestic and international markets. The digital skilling and technology will integrate tribal youths into the mainstream.
Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) has been designed with a long term vision to develop the potential of tribal youth and women to help them acquire skills and knowledge through mentorship in various sectors. It includes horticulture, food processing, bee keeping, tribal art and culture, medicinal herbs, entrepreneurship among others. Starting with 5000 people, the GOAL programme can be extended to cover any number of tribal persons who show keen interest in being mentored to achieve their goals.
Intent and Content of GOAL Scheme
The intent and content of GOAL programme is unique and influential. This program will go a long way in creating an environment for empowerment of tribal women by connecting them with digital world and use digital platforms to groom their talents. GOAL program will be successful in making fruitful impact towards enabling the ST youth to become financially independent. This programme demonstrates affirmative action which will go a long way to reduce the gap between tribal and non-tribal youth and will enlist participation of tribal youth in national building.
Preserving Tribal Culture of India through GOAL Tribal Initiative
MoTA is dedicated to enhance the preservation of the tribal culture of India and enhancing the competitiveness of our tribal communities. So at this point, govt. will build more entrepreneurial capacity of our tribal youth through phase 2 of our GOAL program by creating a learning and training platform that will connect 5000 tribal learners with experienced mentors. GOAL program will ignite several tribal enterprises which will be built by the program’s alumni.
Total Beneficiaries of GOAL Programme
In this program, 5000 scheduled tribe youth (to be called as “Mentees”) will get an excellent opportunity to get training by experts from different disciplines and fields (to be called as “Mentors”). There will be 1 mentor for 2 mentees. The program aims to enable Scheduled Tribe (ST) youth in remote areas to use digital platforms for sharing their aspirations, dreams and talent with their mentors.
Selection of Mentor / Mentee in GOAL Programme
Both the mentee and mentors would be selected on the basis of their inputs in such a way that it represents tribal youth from varied professions and has representation from urban and rural area across India. Central govt. and Facebook has designed an IT based system to match mentors and mentees so that they are from similar profession and preferably speak same language. All the selected mentees will remain engaged in the program for the next 9 months or 36 weeks.
Core Areas of 36 Week GOAL Programme
These 36 weeks will comprise of 28 weeks of mentorship followed by 8 weeks of internship. The GOAL program will focus on 3 core areas which are given here:-
- Digital Literacy
- Life Skills
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship
The main focus would be on sectors such as Agriculture, Art & Culture, Handicrafts & Textiles, Health, Nutrition among others. At-least 250 fellows who are getting scholarship from MoTA under National Scholarship and Fellowship Scheme and are part of Tribal Talent Pool will also be mentored through the program.
What will Selected Mentees Get in GOAL Scheme
All the selected mentees will get smartphones and Internet access (for next 1 year) by Facebook. They will also get exposure to various external forums that will give opportunity to the participants to showcase their entrepreneurial skills and leadership abilities. Efforts will be made to integrate the program with other government schemes such as:-
- Mudra Yojana
- Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Jan Dhan Yojana
- Skill India
- Start Up India
- Stand Up India
This will enable participants to leverage opportunities provided under these government schemes. The GOAL program will also create awareness amongst tribal beneficiaries about various schemes initiated by central and state Governments for welfare of STs as well as their fundamental duties.
Features of Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) Program
Here are the important features and highlights of Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) programme:-
- GOAL is a joint initiative of Facebook India and Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) of central government.
- Around 5,000 young tribal entrepreneurs, professionals, artisans and artists will be trained on digital skills under digital entrepreneurship program.
- All the aspiring tribal candidates are invited to apply online at the goal.tribal.gov.in portal.
- The start date for online application is 4 May 2020 and last date to apply online is 3 July 2020.
- The leaders from industry and academia are invited to register as mentors on official website.
Facebook had on its own run the GOAL project on pilot basis from February 2019 to October 2019 in 5 states with 100 mentees and 25 mentors. This programme had received enthusiastic response and was a huge success. So, Facebook approached MoTA for a joint initiative under affirmative action and help Facebook in selection of mentees, design curriculum and various activities under the program.