Central Government of India has launched several new social welfare schemes, initiatives, policies and apps for the betterment of country & its citizens. Many pubic welfare mobile apps have been launched which includes Aarogya Setu, ePathshala, MyGov, BHIM, Umang, GST rate finder etc. People can now check the direct download links (free), features and details of useful Govt. Android Apps.
The apps launched by government of India also includes apps launched by earlier governments which are still running. Every app in the below given list of Indian government android apps is providing benefits to the general public of India in some way.
Here we bring you the list of 7 major government apps launched by the Union Government of India till May 2020.
List of 7 Most Useful Android Apps by Indian Govt. [Free Download]
Below are the details of the 7 most useful mobile apps launched by the Government of India to benefit its citizens:-
- Aarogya Setu AppFeatures: Aarogya Setu is a mobile application developed by the Government of India to connect essential health services with the people of India in our combined fight against COVID-19. The Aarogya Setu Mobile App is aimed at augmenting the initiatives of the Government of India, particularly the Department of Health, in proactively reaching out to and informing the users of the app regarding risks, best practices and relevant advisories pertaining to the containment of COVID-19.
Last Updated on: 28 April 2020Size: 3.7MInstalls: 5 crore+Current Version: 1.1.1Requires Android: 5.0 and upOffered by: NIC eGov Mobile AppsLink to Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nic.goi.aarogyasetu&hl=en_IN
- BHIM App (Making India Cashless)Features: BHIM App or Bharat Interface for Money is a new UPI based payment application for android smartphones launched by Indian government on 30th December 2016. The UPI based payment app is available to download from Google Play Store. BHIM app has been developed by the National Payments Corporation of India to enable fast and secure cashless transactions. Transaction limit is Rs. 40,000 per transaction and per day (Please note that your Bank’s Transaction Limit may vary from BHIM’s limit.)
Last Updated on: 29 March 2020Size: Varies with DeviceInstalls: 5 crore+Current Version: 2.1.1Requires Android: 5.0 and upOffered by: National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)Link to Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.org.npci.upiapp&hl=en_IN
- GST Rate Finder AppFeatures: A simple app to search through the various goods and services and their respective GST Rates and details. People can search the entire list or respective categories of taxes for Goods and Services.
Last Updated on: 7 December 2017Size: 2.1 MBInstalls: 10 lakh+Current Version: 1.56Requires Android: 4.0.3 and upOffered by: Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)Link to Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.cbec.gsttaxratemanual&hl=en_IN
- Umang AppFeatures: UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is envisaged to make e-governance mobile first. Umang App provides easy access to a plethora of Indian government services ranging from Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, Transport to even Utility and Employment and Skills. Umang App provides single point ubiquitous access, saves time and money and provides uniform experience.
Last Updated on: 24 April 2020Size: 20 MBInstalls: 1 crore+Current Version: 1.3.6Requires Android: 4.4 and upOffered by: MeitY, Government Of IndiaLink to Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.umang.negd.g2c&hl=en_IN
- My Gov AppFeatures: MyGov is Government of India’s innovative citizen engagement platform for direct citizen participation in governance by providing an avenue for channelizing their ideas, comments and creative suggestions to Central Ministries and associated organizations. Citizens can participate in policy formulation and program imaddedplementation to usher in an era of direct participatory democracy.
Last Updated on: 29 April 2020Size: 9.9 MBInstalls: 10 lakh+Current Version: 2.4.1Requires Android: 5.0 and upOffered by: MyGovIndiaLink to Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.mygov.mobile&hl=en
- ePathshala AppFeatures: e-Pathshala App will showcase and disseminate all educational e-resources including textbooks, audio, video, periodicals and a variety of other digital resources. The ePathshala Mobile app is designed to achieve the goal of equitable, quality, inclusive education and lifelong learning for all and bridging the digital divide. ePathshala also allows users to carry as many books as their device supports. Features of these books allow users to pinch, select, zoom, bookmark, highlight, navigate, share, listen to text using text to speech (TTS) apps and make notes digitally.
Last Updated on: 27 April 2020Size: 7.5 MBInstalls: 10 lakh+Current Version: 2.0.8Requires Android: 4.1 and upOffered by: NCERTLink to Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.epathshala&hl=en_IN
- mPassport Seva AppFeatures: MEA with a view to provide mobile enablement of public services, has launched a Mobile Application ‘mPassport Seva’ to offer a wide variety of services to s martphone users such as Passport application status tracking, locating the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and general information on various steps involved in obtaining a Passport.
Last Updated on: 16 April 2020Size: 2.3 MBInstalls: 50 lakh+Current Version: 4.9Requires Android: 5.0 and upOffered by: Consular, Passport and Visa (CPV) DivisionLink to Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.mea.psp&hl=en_IN
Last Updated on 13 May 2020
People can now download all of these apps at their smartphones to access various services provided by the Indian government.
**IMPROVEMENT REQUIRED IN SOMETHING, PLEASE SUGGEST IN COMMENTS