University Grants Council (UGC) has started a new Jeevan Kaushal Scheme 2020-21 which is a curriculum for life skills. This scheme aims at enhancing an individual’s ability to be fully self-aware by helping oneself to overcome all fears and insecurities. This life skills curriculum is launched for undergraduate students at universities and colleges. Union Minister for Human Resource Development Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has given information about UGC Jeevan Kaushal Scheme. Check Course covered online and complete details of this scheme here.
UGC Life Skills Curriculum (Jeevan Kaushal) will cover various courses such as communication skills, professional skills, leadership & management skills and universal human values. The life skills curriculum is available in book format online and can be accessed through the link https://www.ugc.ac.in/e-book/SKILL%20ENG/mobile/index.html
The life skills curriculum is suggestive and UGC has now requested VCs of all universities to consider curriculum and introduce it in universities and affiliated colleges / institutions at the undergraduate level.
UGC Jeevan Kaushal Scheme 2020-21 Objectives
The main objectives of the UG Jeevan Kaushal Scheme course are as follows which will upgrade life skills for UG students:-
- To enhance one’s ability to be fully self aware by helping oneself to overcome all fears as insecurities and to grow fully from inside out and outside in.
- To increase one’s knowledge and awareness of emotional competency and emotional intelligence at place of study / work.
- This scheme aims to provide opportunity for realizing one’s potential through practical experience.
- The new Curriculum for Life Skills will develop interpersonal skills and adopt good leadership behaviour for empowerment of self and others.
- Jeevan Kaushal Scheme of UGC will enable people to set appropriate goals, manage stress and time in an efficient manner.
- Moreover, UGC Curriculum for Life Skills (Jeevan Kaushal) will manage competency mix at all levels to achieve excellence with ethics.
Now we are going to tell you about the learning outcomes of the UGC Jeevan Kaushal Scheme.
UGC Jeevan Kaushal Scheme – Learning Outcomes
At the end of the Curriculum for Life Skills course, learners would be able to:-
- Gain Self Competency and Confidence
- Practice Emotional Competency
- Gain Intellectual Competency
- Gain an edge through Professional Competency
- Aim for high sense of Social Competency
- Be an integral Human Being
Courses List for Life Skills Programme
The course list for Life Skills programme is given here which must be checked before taking scheme benefits:- — Course 1 – Communication Skills — Course 2 – Professional Skills — Course 3 – Leadership Skills — Course 4 – Universal Human Values
The courses along with their modules and complete curriculum can be checked using the link mentioned above.