Central govt. has launched National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) 2020-21 for promoting industrial training. The scheme is aimed at providing training to students in their field which will further help them in the placement and obtaining a suitable job. NAPS objective is to share stipend with employers to max. limit of Rs. 1500 per month per apprentice. Along with this, there would be sharing of basic training cost with basic training providers to maximum limit of Rs. 7500 for 500 hours / 3 months per apprentice. People can now apply online by filling National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme online application form.
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is a national scheme for providing skill training to ITI students / Freshers / MES Pass-outs / PMKVY candidates. Youths can now fill Apprenticeship Training Online Registration Form at the official website. NAPS scheme will be implemented by the Director General of Training (DGT) under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
The scheme will be one of the most powerful skill-delivery schemes across the nation. Now check the NAPS eligibility criteria for employers, basic training providers as well as apprentices.
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme 2020-21 Online Application Form
It is mandatory for Establishments, Apprentices and BTPs to register and engage apprentices:-
- Visit the official NAPS portal at apprenticeship.gov.in
- Here scroll over the “Apprentices” section and then click at “Candidate Registration” link
- Afterwards, NAPS Scheme Online Registration Form for Apprenticeship Training will appear as shown below:-
- Here candidates can enter their details accurately to apply online for apprenticeship training.
Contract registration through portal is must for designated and optional trades. There is shortage of industry ready workforce in India as compared to developed nations. To overcome this shortage, Central govt. has started National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) to create world class workforce in the country.
NAPS is the first of its kind of schemes that Government is offering financial assistance to the employers to engage apprentices. The scheme also provide basic training, which is essential component of apprenticeship training.
NAPS Scheme Eligibility and Requirements for Employers
All the employers must fulfill the following conditions to become eligible for NAPS Scheme 2020-21:-
- Employer validation through TIN/TAN and EPFO/ESIC/LIN/ any other identifier as decided by the central government.
- There must be an Aadhar linked bank account of employer.
Apprenticeships are an important and traditional way of imparting technical skills among students and make them industry ready.
NAPS Scheme 2020-21 Eligibility / Requirements for Apprentices
All the apprentices must fulfill the following conditions to avail benefits of NAPS Scheme 2020-21:-
|Category of Apprentice||ITI Pass Out||Dual-Mode Trainee of ITI||PMKVY / MES Pass Out||Fresher|
|Minimum Age (Years)||14||14||14||14|
|Maximum Age (Years)||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||21|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||As per Trade||As per Trade||As per Trade||As per Trade|
|Aadhar linked Bank Account||Mandatory||Mandatory||Mandatory||Mandatory|
NAPS Eligibility / Requirements for Basic Training Providers (BTP)
All the Basic Training Providers (BTP) must fulfill the following conditions to avail benefits of NAPS Scheme 2020-21:-
- Govt. and Private ITI having spare seats with in overall sanctioned seats.
- Establishments with in-house basic training facilities.
- BTP set up/supported by industry clusters.
- Physical verification of basic training facilities by RDAT.
- BTP must have Aadhar linked bank account.
Check the NAPS benefits through the link – https://www.apprenticeship.gov.in/Material/NAPS_Benefits.pdf. For more details see NAPS-Guidelines in News & Updates section on apprenticeship.gov.in.