Central govt. has started Nikshay Poshan Yojana 2020 for patients suffering from Tuberclosis (TB). Under this Nutritional Support Scheme for TB Patients, each beneficiary will get Rs. 500 per month during the entire treatment period. People can now make Nikshay Poshan Yojana 2020 Registration / Enrollment at the health centers from where they are seeking treatment.
All the notified TB patients would be the eligible beneficiaries of the Nikshay Poshan Yojna. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare runs Nikshay Poshan Scheme under the Revised National Tuberclosis Control Programme. The TB patients can now check the payment schedule, timeline, benefits, eligibility
The scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme under National Health Mission (NHM). Financial norms of NHM in terms of cost sharing b/w states and center are applicable to the scheme.
Nikshay Poshan Yojana Registration Form 2020 & Payment
Each TB patient taking treatment from either public or private sector must be notified on the Nikshay Portal at nikshay.in. For this purpose, patients will have to come to TB treatment centers along with their details which would be stored in database. Upon linking of beneficiary details to nikshay portal, the health care facility will have the responsibility to update patient’s data and send enrollment message to patients. This can be done via SMS or by gaining access to patient’s details. All of this can happen only if the health care center is registered on Nikshay Poshan Yojana portal. All the notified TB patients will get payment as per the following schedule:-
|Type of patient||Usual duration of treatment||First incentive||Second incentive||Third incentive||Fourth incentive||Subsequent incentive||Exception handling|
|New||6 months||On notification||@ 2 months on End of IP follow-up result||@ 6 months on End of treatment follow-up result||—||—||For each extension of treatment Rs.1000/- for two months or if extension is only for one month then @ Rs.500 pm|
|Previously treated||8 months||On notification||@ 3 months on End of IP follow-up||@ 5 months of treatment||@ 8 months on End of treatment follow-up result||—||For each extension of treatment Rs. 1000 for two months or if extension is only for one month then @ Rs. 500 pm|
|Drug resistant TB||24 months (9-12 months for shorter regimens)||On notification||@ 2 months of follow-up result||@ 4 months on followup result||@ 6 months on followup result||@ every two months till end of treatment||For each extension of treatment Rs. 1000 for two months or if extension is only for one month then @ Rs. 500 pm|
Benefits of Nikshay Poshan Yojana for TB Patients
The central govt. will provide financial incentive of Rs. 500/- per month to each notified TB patient. This incentive to TB patients would be for the entire duration for which the patient is on anti-TB treatment. All the existing patients who are on treatment on 1 April 2018, incentives would be provided for period of treatment remaining after 1 April 2018.
It may be noted that only such patients for whom remaining treatment period is more than equal to 1 month as on 1 April 2018 shall be eligible for incentives. Even the existing patients on 1 April 2018 shall be entitled to receive incentives only for full months of remaining period of treatment and partial months would be dropped. The incentives under Nikshay poshan Yojana would be given under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Scheme. All the states which are already distributing incentives to TB patients must ensure to provide minimum amount of Rs. 500 per month in cash or in kind.
Eligibility for Nikshay Poshan Yojana 2020
All the applicants must fulfill the following Nikshay Poshan Yojana eligibility criteria:-
- The TB patient must be notified on or after 1st April 2018
- All existing TB patients currently undergoing treatment are eligible to receive incentives.
- The patient must be registered / notified on the official nikshay portal at nikshay.in.
Nikshay Poshan Yojana Beneficiary List Creation Timeline
Here is the complete timeline details for creation of Nikshay Poshan Yojana beneficiary list and payment of incentives:-
|Entry of each TB patient with Bank a/c and Aadhaar in Nikshay and its follow-up details||Real-time (same day)|
|Preparation of beneficiary list (maker)||1st of every month|
|Checking of beneficiary details (checker)||3rd of every month|
|Approval of beneficiary list with details (approver)||5th of every month|
|Processing of payments||7th of every month|
Documents Required for Nikshay Poshan Yojana Application
Here is the complete list of documents necessary for Nikshay Poshan Yojana application form:-
- Doctor’s certificate – As only TB patients will be able to apply for this scheme, it is mandatory for them to submit necessary medical papers. These papers will support the claim of patients.
- Application form – Apart from medical certificates, patients need submit their application forms as well. The form will offer respective authority members details about patients.
For more details , read Nikshay Poshan Yojana PDF Notification
Need for Nikshay Poshan Yojana Portal
The central govt. has created Nikshay Poshan Yojana Portal for the following purposes:-
- Creating a platform for TB treatment – This portal will enable govt. to monitor TB patients and offer them assistance so that they can get the upper hand on the disease.
- Recording details of TB patients – The concerned dept. will take necessary steps to record data of all patients who make Nikshay Poshan Yojana Enrollment.
- Offering financial assistance – All TB patients will receive Rs. 500 on a monthly basis.
- Frequency of payment – The central govt. will provide financial assistance to the patients each month. This grant will be continued till the patients get well.
- Total beneficiaries – The total number of patients enrolled under Nikshay Poshan scheme has reached 13 lakh.
- Funds Transfer – All TB patients will receive their financial grant directly in their active bank accounts, which have been linked with Aadhar Cards. The funds will be transferred via Direct Benefit Transfer or DBT.
The implementation of the special Nikshay medical scheme will offer help to the TB patients which would be done under the National Health Mission.
— Nikshay Poshan Yojana (Videos, Tweets & Posters) Click Here To Download — For more details, visit the official website at https://nikshay.in/