India and Pakistan govt. has signed agreement to operationalize Kartarpur Corridor to allow Indian sikh pilgrims to visit holy Darbar Sahib Shrine in Pakisatan. Now people can make Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration at official website prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in. Indian and OCI card holders can fill Dera Baba Nanak online application form to apply for pilgrimage journey from 10 November 2019.
Pakistan govt. has assured India to make sufficient provision for Langar (community kitchen) and distribution of Prasad. The central govt. of Pakistan will levy $20 as service charge per pilgrim per visit. Indian govt. agreed for Kartarpur Sahib Corridor before 550th Prakash Purb in religious and spiritual interests of pilgrims.
Ministry of Home Affairs has issued do’s and don’ts for the pilgrims. All the children below 13 years & elderly people above 75 years will have to travel in groups. The pilgrimage visit is of one day duration i.e travel in morning and return in evening is proposed.
Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration Online
Below is the complete procedure to fill Dera Baba Nanak apply online form:-
- Firstly visit the official website at prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in
- At the homepage, click at the “Apply Online” tab in the main menu or directly click this link
- To make Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration, people will have to enter their ‘Nationality’ first as either Indian or foreigner (only OCI card holder) and select ‘Journey date’. The slot wise availability page for Dera Baba Nanak visit will open as shown below:-
- Here candidates can select their appropriate slot for Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor visit. Then click at “Continue” button to open the Kartarpur Corridor Online Registration Form as shown below:-
- Here candidates can enter Passport type, Passport number, date of issue, date of expiry, place of issue, personal details and click at “Save & Continue” button.
Pilgrims who wishes to visit Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur Pakistan will have to make registration online in advance of proposed date of travel.
Dera Baba Nanak – Sri Kartarpur Sahib Pilgrimage
Kartarpur village is located at the west bank of river Ravi in Pakistan where Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji spent last 18 years of his life. Gurdwara Dera Baba Nanak is around 1 km from Indo-Pakistan border and on the east bank of River Ravi. Gurdwara Sri Kartarpur Sahib is located in district Narowal, Pakistan and is around 4.5 k.m from the international border near the historic town of Dera Baba Nanak, District Gurdaspur, Punjab.
The Indian part of Dera Baba Nanak – Sri Kartarpur Sahib corridor involves a 4.1 k.m long four lane highway from Dera Baba Nanak to international border and a state of the art Passenger Terminal Building (PTB) at the international border. Dera Baba Nanak is a city situated in Gurdaspur district in the state of Punjab, India. Followers of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji built the town and named it Dera Baba Nanak after their great ancestor.
Instructions for Kartarpur Corridor Pilgrims
All pilgrims who propose to visit Sri Kartarpur Sahib in district Narowal, Pakistan may register here in advance. Applicants can register themselves in advance of proposed date of travel. Kartarpur Corridor registration does not confer right to travel. Applicants who are granted permission may be informed only 4 days before proposed date of travel, so they should make their travel arrangements in advance. The do’s and don’ts are specified below:-
- Do’s – All the applicants must follow the conditions given below:-
- Children below 13 years and elderly persons of about 75 years and above should be kept in group.
- Eco-friendly material, preferably cloth bags should be used & surroundings should be kept clean.
- Currency limitation is maximum Rs. 11000.
- Only one baggage upto 7 kg weight including drinking water must be carried.
- Don’ts – All the applicants must not do the things given below:-
- Do not carry any item mentioned in the negative list
- Smoking, drinking and use of tobacco is not allowed inside Passenger Terminal Building (PTB) Complex
- Do not touch any unattended article. Inform about anything suspicious to the authorities.
- Playing loud music and photographing others without permission may not be done.
An Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) would be generated after Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration. The pilgrims need to carry ETA along with their passport on arrival at the Passenger Terminal Building.
PM Narendra Modi is going to inaugurate Kartarpur Sahib Corridor on 8 November 2019. India and Pakistan had agreed on visa free travel of Indian pilgrims to Gurdwara Darbar Sahib using Kartarpur Corridor.