Department of Posts has launched a new India Post Mobile Banking android app for smartphone users. Now all the post office account holders can make Public Provident Fund (PPF) and post office deposits through online mode. PO account holders can also transfer funds from savings account to own linked PPF accounts online. People can download latest version of India Post Mobile Banking App from google playstore.
This new India Post Mobile Banking App Download will enable PO account holders to perform transactions including deposits into PPF accounts and post office schemes. People will not have to make visits or remain physically present at the post offices for this purpose.
In order to make transactions through the Department of Post’s new app, customers should have a post office savings account in a CBS or Core Banking Solution-enabled post office.
India Post Mobile Banking App Download
A post office customer must have a valid log-in and transaction credentials of internet banking. In case the internet banking is not enabled, mobile banking should be enabled after net banking. People can now download the India Post Mobile Banking App from google play store or directly through the link given below:-
- The India Post Mobile Banking App will appear as follows:-
How to Activate India Post Mobile Banking App
People can now download India Post Mobile Banking Application from Google Play Store. It is advised that PO account holders should not download this mobile app from untrusted / unsafe websites. The process to activate India Post Mobile Banking App is given below:-
- Open the India Post Mobile app and click at the “Activate Mobile Banking” button.
- Then PO account holders will have to enter the security credentials which have been provided with Department of Post.
- There are no message charges for OTP (One Time Password). Postal dept. will deliver you Activation OTP on your registered mobile device. Then enter the OTP on the screen which asked you to enter the OTP and proceed further.
- After successful validation, PO account holders will be asked to enter 4 digit MPIN. Please enter this 4 digit MPIN of your choice and you will be activated for mobile banking application.
- To make login into Mobile Banking application, please enter your User Id and the new MPIN
Other Details to Apply for India Post Mobile Banking
Any post office account holder has to apply for mobile banking by filling mobile / internet banking request form. In case the PO account holder has opened savings account after migration to CBS with proper KYC documents, there is no need to submit KYC documents.
If PO account holder has opened savings account before migration of the post office to CBS, fresh KYC documents along with service request has to be submitted.
India Post Mobile Banking App Features & Benefits
Here is the list of benefits and features of India Post Mobile Banking App:-
- Get mini statement of savings, PPF accounts.
- Check account balance of savings, RD, PPF and other accounts.
- You can transfer funds to other other users post office savings account.
- You can also transfer fund from savings accounts to own linked PPF accounts.
- Service request for opening RD account and stop cheques can also be raised.
For security reasons, the application cannot be run from a Rooted Device. Department of Post never ask you to provide your MPIN, Transaction Password, User ID and OTP (One Time Password). All the PO bank account holders are advised to be aware of such phishing by fraudulent.
Department of Posts Help Desk
— In case the post office account holder is experiencing any difficulty or have any queries, please contact our customer care number – 18004252440.
We request you to please provide your valuable feedback and help us to serve you better. Department of Posts – Banking is now in your hands.