Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel has launched Harik Naani Bera (Joyful Childhood) Campaign in Bastar district. Under this Suposhan Abhiyan, CG govt. will provide nutritious meals to mothers and children. As a mark of the official launch of the campaign, CM has offered “laddu” made of groundnut and jaggery to children. This campaign would be launched on a full fledged state wise level on 2 October 2019 (Gandhi Jayanti) to eradicate malnutrition.
Malnutrition is a challenge for the Chhattisgarh state as well as the entire country. In previous 18 years, the per capita income in the state has increased but poor became poorer and Chhattisgarh has around 37% malnourished people.
Taking it as a challenge, CM has launched the “Suposhit Dantewada” campaign and for Bastar district the “Harik Naani Bera” as the biggest fight against malnutrition.
CG Harik Naani Bera Campaign 2019
For the implementation of a state level campaign to fight against malnutrition, the state govt. has launched Harik Naani Bera Campaign. The important features and highlights of this abhiyan are as follows:-
- Children and mothers would be given nutritious meal everyday.
- CG govt. will provide additional nutrition of eggs, jaggery and laddu of groundnut twice in a week.
- The pilot project of Harik Naani Bera Campaign already started in Bastar. Around 70,000 children and 9,000 mothers are getting nutritious meals at various anganwadi centers.
- Women and child welfare department will implement the Suposhan Abhiyan.
- CG govt. will provide free nutritious meals everyday as per the identified beneficiary by each of the gram panchayat.
- There would be inculcated DMF to provide fruits, milk, eggs, soya chunks as per preference.
- There would be participation of government and non-governmental charitable organizations.
- PDS systems has been strengthened to provide rice, sugar, salt, grams and kerosene.
- The state govt. has also initiated to provide Rs. 2 per month jaggery to people in Bastar.
A massive state-wide Suposhan Abhiyan would be launched on the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi to make the state Malnutrition Free.
— Chhattisgarh CM Haat Bazaar Yojana 2019 also going to start on 2 October 2019.