In India, Driving licence is a compulsory requirement to drive any kind of motor vehicle. Now the online application form for new learner’s licence (LL) and Driving Licence (DL) are available at Sarathi Parivahan website. Driving licence also serves as necessary document to be submitted as govt. identity proof for getting other services like aadhar card and passport.
According to the rules laid by central government, a person has to get learner’s licence first to become eligible to get a driving licence. On expiry of 30 days of getting learner’s licence, applicant has to apply for driving licence. Now people are provided with an online option for the application process through a government Sarathi Parivahan website.
Although driving licence issuance is state subject but Indian govt. has simplified the process of getting DL.
Apply Online for New Learner’s Driving Licence in India
To get learner’s licence online, applicant can visit the Sarathi website of Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways and has to complete four stages to apply. The four stages of Learner’s Licence (LLR) and Driving Licence application are as follows:-
1. Fill Applicant Details for Learner’s License at Sarathi Parivahan Website
Check here the complete process to fill up applicant details for grant of New Learner’s Licence of India:-
- Firstly visit the official Sarathi Parivahan Website
- At the homepage, click at the “Apply Online” option to open a drop down menu with no. of options to select. Select the first option “New Learners Licence” which will show 5 stages of application. Read instructions and click at “Continue” option to open the Application for Learner’s Licence as shown below:-
- Select the correct option that “applicant does not hold driving/learner licence” and click at “Submit” button to proceed to fill the New Learner’s License Application Form:-
- In this form, all personal details are to be filled online. An option is also present which asks that what kind of licence is being applied for. Applicant can choose a no. of options and apply for multiple types of licences at same time.
- On submission of completed application form, an application number would be allotted to each applicant.
Also check Offline form to Apply for Learner’s Licence – New Learner’s License (Form 2) Download to apply offline for new learner’s licence.
2. Uploading documents for Learner’s Licence
All the applicants can click at the “Uploading Documents” option at the homepage. Here candidates can select the application number and date of birth. The required documents which needs to be submitted to apply online for new learners license are as follows:-
- Physical fitness declaration (form 1)
- Medical certificate (form 1-A)
- Proof of address – Any one of the following documents – Passport / Ration Card / Life Insurance Policy / Voter’s Identity Card / Aadhaar Card / Affidavit sworn before public notary or judicial magistrate.
- Proof of Age – Any one of the following documents – Passport / Voter’s identity card / Birth certificate / School matriculation certificate / Life insurance policy / Affidavit sworn before a public notary or magistrate.
Uploading Photo and Signature – An applicant will have to upload their photo and signature in the application. For this purpose, applicant has to visit the “Upload Photo and Signature” section of the website. In this section, applicant will have to enter their application number again along with the name of concerned Road Transport Authority to which application will be forwarded.
3. Booking of Test Slot
An applicant also needs to book slot for driving test in this stage. Applicant will have to provide the application number and date of birth to get a verification code. On filling the ‘Verification Code’, the applicant has to click the ‘Submit‘ option which will lead to the test slot booking procedure.
4. Payment for Learner’s Licence
All the applicants have to pay the application fees by first selecting “application fee” under e-payment menu. The applicant needs to enter application number and date of birth in the corresponding menu. Then click at the ‘click here to calculate fee option’, select bank or gateway from the drop down menu, enter generated code in the corresponding field and click on ‘pay now’ button.
All the applicants will have to visit the concerned authorities as per test booking slot, after which learner’s licence would be provided.